26 May 2011

What is a conjunction?

In reading we have been learning about conjunctions.

We decided that a conjunction is used to make what we write shorter and to make it sound more like when we talk. The apostrophe is put in to take the place of the missing letters.

Bronlee brought two great books that helped us learn about conjunctions we use every day, here are some of the ones we came up with:

I'm         =        I am
I'll          =        I will
I've         =        I have
didn't      =        did not
can't       =        can not
don't      =         do not
couldn't  =        could not
doesn't   =         does not
you're    =         you are
we're     =         we are
we've     =         we have
it's          =         it is

There are hundreds more - what other conjunctions can you think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment